During the early years it was a boarding school for both boys & girls. In 1923 the boarding school became a girls only school. In the 1950’s there was no longer a need for boarding facilities. At that time the convent became part of the public school system where the sisters continued to teach until 1983 when it was closed due to a declining school enrolment.
The Town of Willow Bunch took over the building from the Sisters of the Cross in 1985 and it became a Municipal Heritage Site in March 1986. The ACFC purchased the building later in 1986 and under took some major renovations. Afterwards it became the French Cultural Centre run by the FTS and the new home of the ever expanding Museum.
Today the building is owned by the Town of Willow Bunch, but remains home for the French Cultural Centre and the Museum.