Room #5 – First Habitants Room
– This room highlights a significant international event in our local and provincial history: Sitting Bull’s last refuge in Canada and his return to the United States from Willow Bunch.
– There are displays of our Métis settlers, co-founder Jean Louis Légaré, and Sitting Bull.
– This room includes a tipi, replica of a sacred burial site, and a representation of red river carts.
– Spend time reading about the diverse cultural history of our Métis settlers, our co-Founder Jean Louis Légaré and Sitting Bull.
– Sit down and enjoy listening to the DVD, “Sitting Bull’s Vision” by Mike Pomedli, about Sitting Bull’s life.
– Enjoy the wall-to-wall murals depicting the four seasons painted by local artists.