The Willow Bunch Museum has held specific celebrations to commemorate special events in past years. The first one was the opening ceremonies of the establishment of the museum in 1972.
In 2014, we celebrated the Centennial of the Convent built in 1914 for the Sisters of the Cross. Invitations were sent to the Sisters that had lived and/or taught at the convent throughout the years. On August 16th an Open House was held during the day and an elaborate meal was served for invited guests. To commemorate the Sisters of the Cross an album was assembled with pictures and dates of all those who were in Willow Bunch at various times. This album is on display at the museum for your viewing pleasure!
In 2016 we held a grand opening for our “First Habitants” room which was an idea that was tossed around in 2014. The project was started in 2015 and completed in 2016. A name-the-room contest was held and unveiled at the grand opening. The winner of this contest helped with the ribbon cutting along with ???