POST-SECONDARY SUMMER STUDENT – HISTORICAL ASSISTANT
Must be returning to a Post-Secondary Program in the fall of 2021
Must be registered with the Young Canada Works program: http://www.youngcanadaworks.ca.
Must be Fluent in English and Intermediate French languages
Have a strong interest in History and Cultures
SUMMER WORK TERM: May 16 – Aug. 22, 2021 (14wks)
Wages –$13.65/hr. – 37.5hr/wk. (including some weekends)
(Wage Accommodations are Available inquire through Young Canada Works Program)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming tourists and instructing them on using our bilingual self-guided tour pamphlets.
- Following COVID government sanitization standards.
- Learn and share information of the diverse multi-cultural history of our community.
- Share the responsibility of the day to day operation of the museum and gift shop.
- Collecting admissions and gift sales, daily operating and balancing of the cash register.
- Facilitating tours and taking bookings, answering telephone.
- Assisting with Canada Day fundraiser.
- Assisting with organizing displays, taking digital inventory, researching and making bilingual information boards for new displays.
- Assist with developing a bilingual wall board and slideshow of Willow Bunch history of the past 150 years.
- Assisting in our ongoing documentation of all our artifacts, both recording and digitizing.
- General maintenance of the museum.
- Performing any other duties required by the Museum