Post Secondary Student >>>
MULTI-CULTURAL HERITAGE ASSISTANT
Must be returning to a Post-Secondary Program in the fall of 2020
Fluent in English and Intermediate French languages
Have a strong interest in History and Cultures (an asset)
Must register with Young Canada Works program: http://www.youngcanadaworks.ca.
TENTATIVE WORK TERM: – May 11th – Aug. 16th, 2020 (14wks)
Wages – $13.25 – $14.60/hr. (pending funding) 40hr/wk. (including some weekends)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Welcoming tourists and giving personal guided tours in both official languages.
-Learn and share information of the diverse multi-cultural history of our community.
– Share the responsibility of the day to day operation of the museum and gift shop.
– Collecting admissions and gift sales, daily operating and balancing of the cash register.
– Facilitating tours and taking bookings, answering telephone.
– Assisting with Canada Day fundraiser.
– Assisting with organizing displays, taking digital inventory, researching and making bilingual information boards for new displays.
– Assist with developing a bilingual wall board and slideshow of Willow Bunch history of the past 150 years.
– Assisting in our ongoing documentation of all our artifacts, both recording and digitizing.
– Assisting with organizing and preservation of archival documents for easy and safe viewing.
– General maintenance of the museum.
– Performing any other duties required by the Museum.