Post Secondary Student >>>
Must be returning to a Post-Secondary Program in the fall of 2019
Fluent in English and Intermediate French languages
Have a strong interest in History and Cultures
Must register with Young Canada Works program: http://www.youngcanadaworks.ca.
SUMMER WORK TERM: – May 13th – Aug. 12th, 2019 (13wks)
Wages – $13.00/hr. – 40hr/wk. (including some weekends)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Welcoming tourists and giving personal guided tours in both official languages.
-Learn and share information of the diverse multi-cultural history of our community.
– Share the responsibility of the day to day operation of the museum and gift shop.
– Collecting admissions and gift sales, operating and balancing of the cash register.
– Facilitating tours and taking bookings, answering telephone.
– Assisting with the organization of artifacts and preparing for the Community Garage Sale.
– Assisting with Canada Day fundraiser.
– Assisting with organizing displays, taking digital inventory, researching and making bilingual information boards for new displays.
– Assist in preparation of a presentation for Willow Bunch’s 150th Celebration in 2020.
– Assisting in our ongoing documentation of all our artifacts, both recording and digitizing.
– General maintenance of the museum.
– Performing any other duties required by the Museum.